This year is our 10 year anniversary for the Community Difference Project!
Members First Credit Union started the Community Difference Project in December of 2011. We created the Community Difference Project to impact our communities in positive ways through volunteering, random acts of kindness, providing support to those in need, and more! This year, we are kicking our Community Difference Project efforts into high-gear through doing more in-branch activities, increased sponsorships and donations, encouraging volunteerism, social media giveaways, and more!
Are you looking for help?
If you are looking for sponsorships and donations or are in need of volunteers or support, please click below to submit an application.
Please note, according to our giving policy our contribution efforts will be focused in the neighborhoods in which we operate. In determining eligibility for support, the follow criteria must be met:
- The organization must be a tax-exempt 501(c)(3) or legitimate nonprofit
- The primary focus and/or benefit is realized in Midland, Bay, Saginaw, Gratiot, Isabella, Clare, Gladwin, Osceola, Muskegon, Kent, Ottawa, or Allegan counties; however, state-wide or national causes may also be considered.
- Organizations, projects, programs, or events that can be characterized as:
- A primary focus of education, designed to improve the well-being of individuals and communities
- Members First Credit Union member driven
- Community based, focusing on improving the quality of life or benefit the social and cultural health of the community
- A specific fit to Members First Credit Union's mission statement, core values and/or strategic plan
Members First Credit Union will not provide support to the following:
- Requests outside the current budget
- Organizations or projects that discriminate against individuals based on race, religion, ethnicity, or sexual preference
- Specific political candidates
- Organizations which do not directly benefit the community
Check out our social media and Blog on this website to see all of the fun we have in our communities and to share our experience with us.
We started the Community Difference Project on the foundation of the credit union philosophy “people helping people”. Our staff members are committed and passionate about living this philosophy by providing non-profit organizations support through monetary donations, random acts of kindness and volunteering.
We believe in the power of financial literacy and by staying true to our roots give priority for donations to education, family events, public education sporting events, and by supporting our commercial business members in their worthy causes.
If you have any questions in regards to our Community Difference Project, please email email@example.com.
Go to main navigation