Deposit a check from wherever your day takes you.
Instead of making an extra stop, deposit checks securely with our Mobile App.
Easily deposit checks into your Members First account using Mobile Check Deposit, a secure and convenient service available on our Mobile App. Simply snap a photo of your check using your smartphone's camera and deposit it electronically. Enroll today by selecting Mobile Check Deposit in the Payment Options tab.
- Select Mobile Check Deposit under Transactions
- Sign the back of your check and be sure to include “For MFCU mobile deposit only”
- Snap a photo of the front and back of your check
- Follow the simple directions to complete the deposit
- Most check deposits will have same-day or next-business-day funds availability*
*Checks deposited through mobile deposit may be subject to a deposit hold. Please review the Terms and Conditions.
Mobile Check Deposit FAQs
Mobile Check Deposit is FREE to members making deposits to their eligible account(s).
YES! Mobile Check Deposit is offered through the Mobile App, which requires you to log in with your unique Username and Password.
Accounts have a $5,000 per check, per day limit.
Members with an account in good standing are eligible for Mobile Check Deposit.
For your protection, retain the original check for at least two weeks AFTER receiving confirmation that it has posted to your account. When you are ready to discard it, mark it "VOID" and dispose of it in a way that prevents it from being presented for payment again. If an issue should arise and the original check is no longer available, please contact the issuer of the check to obtain a copy of the check that can be re-submitted for deposit.
With Mobile Check Deposit, you can securely deposit checks from anywhere using an iOS or Android device.
- Download our free Mobile App from the App Store or Google Play and log in to your account.
- Select Mobile Check Deposit Enrollment from the Payment Options tab within the menu of Mobile App or Online Banking, read and accept the Terms and Conditions.
- Log out of your account, launch the Mobile App and then log in to use Mobile Check Deposit.
- Select Mobile Check Deposit from the Transactions tab.
- Choose the account you wish to deposit funds to.
- Enter the deposit amount of the check and select save.
- Click Capture Image.
- Place your check on a flat surface, line it up within the brackets, click Capture Front. Flip your check over, line it up within the brackets and click Capture Back. Make sure the back is endorsed with “For MFCU Mobile Deposit Only”.
- Scroll down to review and approve the images of the check.
- Submit Deposit.
If your deposit item is declined, you will receive notification by email or secure message, indicating the reason for the decline. Reasons that deposit items may be declined include:
- Ineligible check
- Missing signature
- Missing endorsement
- Stale dated
- Duplicate check
- Poor image quality
- Daily deposit limit exceeded
- Unacceptable item
Members First accepts Personal, Cashier's, and Government checks drawn on financial institutions within the United States, excluding its territories.
The following items are NOT eligible for Mobile Check Deposit:
- Checks or items payable to any person or entity other than the owners on the account for which the check is being deposited
- Checks prohibited by, or received in violation of, any law, rule or regulation
- Third Party checks
- Post-dated checks
- Checks that have been previously cashed or deposited
- Checks payable to “cash”
- Checks or items containing an obvious alteration to any of the fields on the front, or checks or items which you know, suspect or should know or suspect to be fraudulent
- Checks drawn on your own checking account with MFCU
- Checks or items not payable in United States currency
- Checks that have been remotely created
- Items drawn on financial institutions located outside the United States
- Items previously converted to a substitute check
- Checks to be directly deposited into your IRA or Certificate of Deposit
- Money orders and travelers checks
- Convenience checks (checks drawn off a credit card for a cash advance)
- Amex Gift Cheques
- Checks that require authorization
- State-issued registered warrants
- Checks that appear irregular in any way
After your check has been processed, you could receive a Secure Message within Online Banking stating one the following:
- Your check is on hold
- Your check has been rejected and why
To enroll your eligible account, select the Mobile Check Deposit option from the Payment Option tab in the menu of the Mobile App; then read and accept the Terms and Conditions.
Checks that are deposited via Mobile Check Deposit will be reviewed and credited to your account, on a case by case basis. Most check deposits will have same day or next business day funds availability. You will receive a notice of an extended hold if funds are held beyond the next business day.