2020 MFCU Scholarships will be available to apply for on March 2, 2020.
At Members First Credit Union, we believe in the power of education and financial literacy. This year, MFCU will be awarding a total of $10,000 in scholarships, to be split between four students, in $2500 increments.
Scholarship recipients are selected on a number of criteria including academic record, essay, leadership and participation in community activities, honors, work experience, education, and career goals. Checks are issued jointly to the recipient and the educational institution. Funds are to be used for tuition, fees, and books for post-secondary education (including but not limited to colleges, trade schools, and etc.).
Those applying for a scholarship must meet the following guidelines:
- Must be the primary owner of a Members First Credit Union account in good standing
- Must be attending or have graduated from an accredited high school
- Must be accepted/enrolled in an accredited institution and/or working towards their first undergraduate degree
- Two written recommendations, preferably from one present or former instructor and one employer dated within last five months
- Must include transcript from high school or college, can be unofficial
- Must provide an essay outlining goals, aspirations, college, and career plans
A non-traditional student would be someone who meets one or more of the following guidelines:
- Over the age of 24 and getting his/her first 2-year or 4-year degree
- Attending vocational, technical, culinary, trade school, etc.
A credit union Scholarship Selection Committee will make the selection of scholarship recipients. Not all applicants will be selected as recipients. Each scholarship is issued one time and is not automatically renewable. Applicants may re-apply for future scholarships, although scholarship recipients will only be selected a total of two times. Members First Credit Union employees and official family and their relatives are not eligible for the scholarships.