11 Ways to Shop Local on Small Business Saturday
It’s always been so important to shop local. After all, you want to show your support to your neighbors right here in your community. After such a crazy year, it’s even more important to shop local on Small Business Saturday! Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Buy gift cards from your favorite store, salon, restaurant and more for great stocking stuffers.
- If you’re headed out to the stores this weekend, hit up your local coffee shop on your way.
- Check to see if your favorite boutique or small business has a website.
- Got a car enthusiastic on your shopping list? Detailing, specialty auto parts store.
- Try visiting small craft or stationery stores to make homemade gifts or shop for Christmas cards.
- Be sure to stop at a local brewery, winery or liquor store to find a gift everyone (over 21) will love!
- Check out your local bakeries or specialty shops for desserts or sweet gifts.
- Shopping for a health nut? Try local gym memberships, sporting goods stores, or independent sales reps for nutrition, supplements and fitness apparel.
- Don’t forget about sales reps for a variety of products, including makeup, kitchen tools, jewelry, books, and more!
- Visit a local nursery or florist for plant gifts, poinsettias or wreaths to decorate your home.
- If you’re looking for a particular type of business, be sure to visit the website for the Chamber of Commerce in your area for a full list of local businesses.
While it’s important to shop local on Small Business Saturday, it’s even more important to continue to show support for local businesses all year round!
Don’t forget to use your MFCU Platinum Rewards Visa this holiday season!
Check out our VISA page to learn more and apply.
« Return to "MFCU Blog"