Two strong credit unions, becoming one.
It is with great excitement that we are able to announce our merge with FEDCOM Credit Union, located in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Four years ago our Board of Directors set forth a strategic plan of growth. They had the vision to ask for a higher level of convenience for the membership, as well as more robust products and services. From that has come the combining of two strong credit unions.
Under the merger agreement, Members First Credit Union will be the continuing credit union on August 1, 2017 with total combined assets of $475 million and 58,000 members. Beyond a healthy, diverse and strong credit union, benefits of the merger to you will be:
- A branch and ATM network of eleven locations across the state of Michigan; you will be able to conduct business in the greater Grand Rapids area.
- Over 200 employees committed to your success by promising to be trustworthy, caring, and enthusiastic
- Economies of scale that will continue to keep savings and loan rates competitive
- Expanded services as well as enhanced savings and lending products
- Increased confidence for you in the financial strength of your credit union
- Diversification of our locations and markets to ensure the strength and longevity of the credit union
- Improved benefits and career advancement opportunities for credit union employees; making us a preferred employer throughout Michigan
Please look for merger updates in your newsletter, through special mailings, and here on our website.
Both of our regulators, the State of Michigan’s Department of Insurance and Financial Services and the National Credit Union Administration, have given approval for this merger.
If you have any questions or concerns, please call either CEO directly or stop in a branch to talk with one of our employees.
Eric Brubaker, CEO
Members First Credit Union
Anna Marie Zielinski, CEO
FEDCOM Credit Union
616.364.7283 ext. 124
FEDCOM Credit Union was established in 1926, making them Michigan’s oldest credit union. Their roots began when ten employees of the United States Postal Service organized Grand Rapids Federal Employees Credit Union. With over 91 years of service, FEDCOM has grown into a dynamic and full-service financial institution. Anna Marie Zielinski, CEO, is very proud of their heritage and the 8,000 members that they serve. Our two credit unions are a perfect match to continue encouraging a better tomorrow for our members and communities.